Nine Fintech Startups at the Fintech Investors Forum
Last Tuesday 26th of April, the 2016 Fintech Investors Forum took place in the sophisticated offices of Roca Junyent, sponsoring the event. After a brief greeting speech by our speakers pointing out the interest of corporate firms in Fintech and Blockchain, and mentioning how Barcelona could and should become the next cluster for Fintech in the EU as it already is for Mobile technology.
The session was programmed to be nine startups pitching for the interest of investors. Pitches were divided in two blocks, first was about startups related to Blockchain technologies, second block was about startups related to Fintech globally.
First Block was about Blockchain startups:
- Bit2Me, a startup developing blockchain based solutions and Tikebit, a sort of prepaid credit card already available in 11000 stores in Spain, very easy to use and already proposed in many currencies.
- Bitnexo, offering fast, cheap, capital efficient and licensed money transfers focused on China and Latin America whose transfers have grown 22% recently.
- HelperBit provides a more social view on blockchain, through a 100% transparency donation system for collateral damages in natural disasters such as earthquakes. Through complex algorithms registered members receive donations according to the damages. Donors can decide how much they want to give exactly, whether it is public or anonymous and then see how their money was used.
- Minebox, a revolutionary data storage machine allowing customers to store all their data online, as soon as their low power device has been plugged in! All the data is encrypted for privacy, and the provided and unique cards enable private and secured access. This self-sufficient device through block chain can also earn up to 15 dollars a month by renting the free storage space.
- Consentio, focused on making inter-border trade finance of goods easier through private block chains technologies that allow proof of shipping and proof of payment to each party in order to provide a trustful and honest work environment.
After a short and interesting break full of pastries and discussions, the second block started with:
- Unnax, a company enables companies to integrate technology into their finances in a quickly and easy way. They help to solve common business problems and provides improved customer experiences through modern payment solutions, rich financial data, and intelligent risk & identity tools.
- Arboribus, crowdlending platform that allows private investors to invest directly in loans to SMEs
- Private investment networks was another interesting point of this conference, through its very innovative way for companies and shareholders to communicate, through a central database for companies to give information to their shareholders and for shareholders to learn more about their investments.
- Pop, an insurtech provider with customized and flexible methods, available at all times.
The event was a success, more than fifty people were attending and the room was full of investors, and corporate people listening what’s new in the fintech scenario, and which products are coming. This is the first event of big list of events we are preparing for the next months in the city.
Be ready for the best Fintech events in Barcelona!